This course is designed to reinforce the practical application of the information you have learned in previous medical courses. You will experience a day of training scenarios replicating various real-world medical emergency situations. From Active Shooter/Threat scenarios that include live fire and Force on Force Training (UTM), to addressing injuries in remote locations and vehicle accidents. This course will drastically increase your confidence in your abilities. After going through numerous training scenarios, you will leave knowing that when an emergency happens you will know what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.
This is a fun and exciting course that is mixed with live fire training, reacting to surprise scenarios, learning to make good decisions in stressful situations, problem solving, and being a good leader and communicator during emergencies.
After every scenario we will go through a group After Action Review and analyze everyone’s actions to determine what we did well and what can be done better in future events.
Mistakes are going to happen. The more mistakes you make in training, the less you make when it matters most!
Multiple scenarios in each of the following topics:
- Active Threat/Shooter – Care Under Fire
- Remote Location Casualty
- Auto Accidents
- Common Life-Threatening Accidents
There will be multiple scenarios for each topic that will include individual and group exercises.
These exercises are designed to give you confidence in your abilities and develop you as a leader during emergency situations. You will be able to analyze, make good decisions, communicate instructions, and take appropriate actions when it matters most.
- Defensive Handgun Level I OR Tactical Carbine Level I
- Traumatic Injury Response Course or another Tactical Medical Course we have offered.
- Personal Trauma Kit (can be provided by us). You will not be using your trauma kit products during the course. We will provide training materials that match what you currently have in your trauma kit and/or what we recommend.
- Ear/Eye Protection
- 100 rds of either Handgun or Carbine ammunition. You can bring both and larger quantities if you’d like. You will have the opportunity to shoot more if you want but the curriculum is based on 100 rounds.